HOW TO START A MEETING
Underearners Anonymous (UA) is a growing fellowship and UA-UK Intergroup is here to support you start a new meeting.
- A meeting could begin perhaps with just two members for 30 minutes and grow to be longer once you have attracted more members.
- Listen out for other people interested in starting a meeting even if it is just one other.
- A good place to start for finding a new venue is to research meetings listed on other 12 Step fellowship websites.
- Find a venue with a room available at the same time every week with affordable rent.
- Meetings change and evolve to best serve newcomers and regular fellows.
- Successful meetings historically build a strong committee, are close to transport links and are in venues used by other 12 Step fellowships.
- Create a simple flyer that advertises the meeting and place in other meeting venues, libraries, free notice boards and Citizen Advice Bureau if possible.
How UA-UK Intergroup can support…
- Arrange a call with our UA-UK IG New Meetings Officer: email@example.com
- UA-UK IG can donate 20 copies of the ‘About UA’ pamphlet which contains the key readings for the fellowship.
- UA-UK IG can support your meeting by paying rent for the first month (direct to your chosen venue).
- Attend our monthly Intergroup Meeting
- You can also download meeting resources from the US website.