UA-UK INTERGROUP INFORMATION
- UA-UK Intergroup (UA-UK IG) is an elected service committee made up of UA members.
- Its vision is to see Underearners Anonymous flourish in the UK and it achieves this through a range of service activities:
- Supporting new meetings.
- Organising workshops and the annual UA-UK Convention.
- Providing literature.
- Operating Public Information services including the UA-UK website.
- Provides Public Liability Insurance for the UA-UK fellowship.
- Makes donations to UA World Service.
- UA-UK IG meets monthly on the second Saturday of each month, 11:15-12:45 in the Quiet Room at Hinde Street Methodist Church.
- Meetings are chaired by the elected UA-UK IG Chair.
- They are attended by all the UA-UK IG officers and elected representatives from UA-UK meetings (Group Service Representatives or GSRs).
- Meetings are structured by agenda, operate an agreed voting system, and are minuted.
- Decisions are passed by majority vote following discussion and proposals from members.
- Elected Intergroup Officers and elected GSRs are eligible to vote.
- Guests are welcome to join group discussion and to make proposals, however as non-elected members they do not have voting rights.
- The UA-UK IG Treasurer provides a monthly finance report that is reviewed and agreed at each meeting.
Steps & Traditions
- UA is based on the belief that the foundation of change and recovery from compulsive underearning is to be found in working the Twelve Steps and abiding by the Twelve Traditions first developed by Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Contributions are received from UA meetings, UA members and event donations.
- UA-UK IG manages its finances transparently based upon an agreed spending plan with some funds ring-fenced for specific service activities, such as insurance, website, convention and new meetings.
- UA-UK IG warmly welcomes all members of the UA fellowship to join its Intergroup meetings and to contribute to the growth and development of UA.
- How to get involved;
- Become a Group Service Representative (GSR) for a UA-UK meeting.
- Stand for election for a UA-UK IG officer position. Officer qualifications and role definitions are currently being prepared.
- Please join us at an Intergroup meeting to find out more!